Thursday, February 28, 2019

February WIPocalypse Check In

Where has February gone to?  I know its the shortest month but I feel it went way to fast!

The beginning of my month was spent in Alaska with my family welcoming our first Grand baby into the world.

I call him Prince Declan





The beginning of the month also welcomed a cold that was relentless and I didn't feel like stitching much even on the airplane the trip home was about 30 hours and then we had to drive 3 hours.  The trip home was hectic and the first few days home were laid up in bed.. YUCK

I did pick back up my Candy Cane Santa Stocking from Dimension Gold Collection.  I had a goal in mind and that was to finish his face and I did that and a bit of back stitching too.. I can't wait to see more details come out when I return to this.  Great Progress for a week!







The debut for the month seemed to be Trick or Treat from Heaven and Earth Design.  A page finish just a day ago made this a huge treat for me.  I have lofty goals for this piece and I'm onto a great start.  Page three is complete and I felt elated to get it done.  For some reason when I have a page almost finished I get the dread of it will never get done.  I did get a page finish and some extra for February but for now here she is when I started and finished for February.








Question of the Month: What do you listen to while stitching?

I love this question because I do many things.  Sometimes watching TV with my husband because anytime spent together is good.  When I am home alone while stitching I listen to some floss tube or I should say catch up on some floss tube.  I seriously have an issue because when I find a person I really like I tend to watch ALL of them and some of them have lets just say 200+ I feel like I'll never catch up.  I also listen to books from the library I really enjoy that.    I've also gotten into podcast because they are fun to enjoy.  Some stitching ones and of course if its about Bigfoot I have to hear whats happening.  What should I read next is another one of my favorite Podcasts that really help me find new authors.  

Can't wait to see whats up next month with my stitching.  I don't have a rotation as of yet because I've not been able to sit down long enough to go through and see what I want to get done.  I do have Donner on my radar as I've gotten all of the rest of the threads to finish so I just might have to do that and get more credit for my Stitch from Stash.  

Have a wonderful Stitchy time everyone. Until next time 





2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, your grand baby is adorable. Great progress on the Santa and the page finish on Trick or Treat is wonderfully atmospheric. I might do that one as a diamond painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it a bad thing I totally geeked out today after reading your comment. Happen to be one of my favorite Floss Tube people. I can't wait to see a diamond painting for the Trick or Treat. I've not gotten into them just yet but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. Thanks for the comment it's always so encouraging.

      Delete

2022 WIPocalypse - Introduction

Hello 2022  You know when you are unsure of what is to come you tip toe... yup that is exactly what I am doing right now.. slowly moving aro...