Monday, December 30, 2019

December WIPocalypse Last Update of 2019



I've been looking back on this year 2019 and realized between all of the SAL's or I should say Facebook groups and WIPocalypse I've gone above and beyond my stitching goals.. I have not completed what I set out to complete BUT I have done way more stitching, since I've been challenged than I ever thought possible.  I've finished a few pieces (two were focus pieces for 2019) and a few of them were just there to complete and it was a very enjoyable stitching year.

With those statements above brings us to the questions of the month.  Recap your accomplishments for the year! Your finishes (your final before and after etc!) - this won't take me long because I didn't have a ton of finishes this year but I did finish a few larger items and so excited to show them to you..


Donner from Nora Corbett started stitching in May 2018 and was a Maynia Start.. this was my first Maynia so I was just having fun with it and starting anything I could.  At the time I didn't have the beads or Krenik but in March I completed him.  He took a trip to Alaska to watch my grandson come into the world.  My first finish of 2019


Next finish was a quick one and one I should have finished shortly after starting. .lol.. Lizzy Kate Dear Santa.. Another March Finish. 




Sleepy Hollow from Glendon Place - this was an enablers piece.  I can't remember where I saw it.. I'm sure it was a flosstuber or a Maynia post because at the time I didn't fully catch onto other Facebook pages.. I dove face first and couldn't wait to start it.. Sleepy Hollow was a last start of 2017, stitched on 28 ct cashel linen from PTP called Haunted.  This is not FFO'd yet but will be soon.  I can't wait to hang it because I am so in love with this piece.  This was a focus piece for 2019 and completed it in May. 



Amid Amish life - this was a focus piece for me for 2019.  I felt it was a bit over kill but it was a piece I wanted to see a lot of progress on.  Then some Magical Stitches put me into high gear, I used this piece so much I completed it in October and I am so pleased.. now to complete I can now focus on the two sides and have a fully completed pattern..



Not a finish for 2019 and won't be finished probably until 2030 BUT I did feel like I got so much done this year.. My Trick or Treat HAED really got a lot of love this year..  This was a focus piece for me too but I didn't get as much done as I wanted to get done.  Many things happened and I didn't get a chance to work on it as much as I really wanted to.. Trust me there will be some very LOFTY Goals in 2020.




I've been working on my Dimensions Stocking for most of December and I guess the real questions is did I get it Finished before Christmas and in the mail?  The answer is No but I did get it stitched.  I need to back stitch and finish it to send it off but I am very happy with it.  







As I look back at 2019 it was not a bad stitchy year.  I did enjoy many things I did this year and have accomplished so much.. I am hoping for a much busier 2020 and more finishes.  I sure hope everyone else had an amazing 2019 and to a very stitchy 2020.



2 comments:

  1. Nice review, so lovely stitchings, Donner and Amish are so great and the stocking amazing. Well done for 2019, good luck for 2020. Bonne Année !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I really enjoyed stitching this year and accomplished a lot. Here is to 2020 and to many happy stitching days Bonne

      Delete

2022 WIPocalypse - Introduction

Hello 2022  You know when you are unsure of what is to come you tip toe... yup that is exactly what I am doing right now.. slowly moving aro...