Sunday, January 23, 2022

2022 WIPocalypse - Introduction

Hello 2022 

You know when you are unsure of what is to come you tip toe... yup that is exactly what I am doing right now.. slowly moving around 2022 like I'm waiting for something to jump out and say BOO!!!

You didn't come here to hear all of that but that is how I'm feeling and its already two weeks into 2022.  I guess this is when I should start my confession if this is an introduction.  I'm a mom of four and have two grandbabies also which I am amazed by all the time.  I am happily married to a muggle man who enables my hobbies (I am not sure this is good) but he also picks on me when I start something new (serial starter noises here).  He knows I enjoy all crafts and we go many times to craft stores and he always asks are you sure you don't need this or this.  I am truly blessed.  

I am a serial starter, and a pusher or enabler whatever you want to call it.  I also love many crafts and would like to give equal attention to all of them.  I love to quilt and enjoy sewing all kinds of things including clothing, small gifts and my newest hobby making Hand Bags and project bags so I'm enjoying working with all kinds of textiles and hoping to explore more in 2022.  I love to crochet a lot and have dabbled in my knitting but I would really love to make a sweater this year.  I do have a sweater machine but man to hear those needles going to town makes my heart so full.  

So I would post photos of what my goals are for all of 2022 but I'm doing things a little different this year.  Goals for Quilting is to finish all of my quilts I've "half" finished and there are a lot.. now finish to me is not quilted because that is another post all together but If I fully finish a quilt I'll make sure you know it too because it truly is an amazing feeling to have a project totally complete.  These quilts don't really have an home to go to just ones I've wanted to work on so they will get completed and put away until I have a forever home to put them in.  

I only have a few Crochet blankets that are also on my finish list this year.  So I am hoping there is some road trips so I can make that happen and I hope I'm not the one driving so I can make some good progress 😏

But lets get to cross stitching because really that's what y'all came for!!  I am working on my WIPGO 2022 board, I am also participating in my Semi Sane Stitches group because both keep me so motivated to stitch more and I really believe it helped me complete some projects.   So I plan I touching EVERY WIP I have and I think when I looked on my spreadsheet (yes I have one of those) I had 65 at my last count but I did find another 4 or 5 that were not on the list and I don't know If I ever posted them so I can't remember when I started them but I'll dig and find a spot with them.  So lets start from the beginning.  

Focus Piece - I have a very large HAED that I do still love (thank goodness) because its massive and I've gotten some stitches already into it.  I do not believe I did much in 2021 so this year it needs some massive work.  Each month I will work on this piece.  This is my Trick or Treat HAED from Randal Spangler.  I am planning on working on weekend on this piece so I can get as many stitches in as possible.  I will take an overall photo for next month so you can see how much I have completed.  This is the page I will be working on this month. 



My plans are to touch and stitch every WIP I have.  I want to make sure I can see things I love to stitch and really get some progress this year.  So I was going to work on projects I started each month.  The problem is I have many months with no starts, so I am robbing May because well Maynia is a thing.  I also am working on my oldest WIPS first so they did get put in January.  I am hoping for a few finishes this month alone.  

So each month I will pick about 5-8 WIPS depending on how large the projects are for the month.  I will work them in on several events to see if I can get as many stitches as I can get.  I am saving weekends for larger pieces or my focus piece if I can get a good amount of stitches on them I will switch it out.  

I am also planning on working on the Cricket Collection months.  Most will be new starts, some have already been started.  I am also tired of my box of overflowing new starts that have been kitted up forever and feel neglected so there will be a wheel spinning happening which tells me what project will be a new start for the month.  So if my new way of doing things works out I will have a start for each month in 2023 and I can continue to touch each project every year and I won't be surprised by a WIP sitting in a bag for years without any love (that is neglect) 

So for the Parade of what you will see this month are: 

Marauder's Map - Artist is no longer on Etsy

Lighthouse - Cricket Collection from 1992




Candy Cane Santa Stocking - Dimensions Gold Collection

Owls Growth Chart - Dimensions 


I hope you enjoy everything you've seen.  Come on back because each month something new will be here.  The only repeat will be my Trick or Treat HAED and I think the progress over the next few months hopefully will be amazing. 

I also update my Instagram often if you would like to see daily progress quicker - 

I also do an update on my YouTube and you get to hear all about life too 😀 I try not to ramble to much but its so exciting sharing everything with friends. 

Happy Stitching ~ Carey










1 comment:

  1. You have some really good projects to work on this month and what sounds like an interesting plan. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

2022 WIPocalypse - Introduction

Hello 2022  You know when you are unsure of what is to come you tip toe... yup that is exactly what I am doing right now.. slowly moving aro...