Thursday, January 2, 2020

January WIPocalypse 2020 Plans




I've always found this part the hardest part of starting anything..  Introduction!!!  I am seriously laughing at myself right now.. (happens when I am nervous)  I think first I should state I am:  

A Serial Starter..  Not so much a Serial Finisher 😏

I love to make big plans and finish none!

I love to stitch in groups of Facebook people (have not done it in real life) and fall off the face of the earth for a month or so, and then jump right back in.

Ogle over everyone else's progress and put it in my cart, destine to be in my stash I'll never start but I have it and that is all that matters.

I have more haul than I could ever finish.

I have more WIPS than most and I can only work on any given project between 5-7 days.  I then need to switch it up or I can't stitch anymore.  I think this is the reason I start so many new projects.

I don't have a project I haven't had to frog.  If its a large mess I will put it back in the packaging until I am faced with ripping it apart to start over again.  Another reason I might have so many new starts.  


I think that I've ran out of stitching related things about me.  As soon as I post this I am sure I will find more about me that I forgot all about.  I do have a wonderful family, I have an awesome husband who enables me often to purchase more, and four daughters and one grandson.  Recently my oldest daughter has taken up Cross Stitching so I am excited to watch her journey also.  I've been Cross Stitching since I was 14 years old and then dropped off the face of the earth for about 20 years or so (heck it is prob more like 30) and raised my girls by myself till my amazing husband came along.  We both retired from the Military and now we are pursuing our dreams (I have not figured out what they are just yet, I have many).  My husband is currently in school finishing up his education as a gunsmith, and my 3rd daughter is getting ready to graduate high school this year.  I am sure this is about to get a bit crazy this year, but I will hold on as they never get any slower the older I get.  I feel like I already wrote a novel about myself.

As I stated before I always make LOFTY goals for myself and this year in 2020 is no different. 


2020 Stitching Goals

  1. Trick Or Treat (HAED) - Randal Spangler 
    • Goal is to finish at least 6 pages in 2020, I would like more but I will go with 6
  2. The Raven Queen (New Start) - Mirabilia 
    • Finish by June
  3. Amid Amish Life (L) I've worked the middle and would love to finish the side
    • Finish end of the year. 
  4. Amid Amish Life (R)
    • Finish end of the year
  5. Christmas In London - Mirabilia
    • This was a focus piece for 2019 but she was missing 90% of the year so this year she is my focus piece and hopefully hanging for Christmas 2020
  6. Blitzen - Nora Corbett 
    • A new Start for 2020 but would love to have two reindeer on my fabric.
  7. Cupid or Commet will be next 
    • another new start for 2020 and hoping to finish by end of 2020
  8. Santa's Sleigh - Nora Corbett
    • Hoping to have this one finished by June 2020
  9. Guardians of Norte Dame -  Ingleside Imaginarium's this was 2018 SAL
    • Would actually love to finish a SAL 😅
  10. Christmas at Home - Lakeside Needlecraft
    • Another SAL I never finished 
  11. Class Schedule - Aramda Designs 
    • Again another SAL I never finished
  12. Snow Queen 
    • This is going to be a Christmas Present and on my radar to finish for then.. I am hoping for an August/September finish 


So as you can see I have some lofty goals for 2020.  What is worse is this is not my only hobby 😂 I have so many hobbies and never enough time that is for sure.  So if you like stick around I am hoping to post weekly and see how I do with getting my projects complete, Cross Stitch and all.

I did manage to get started on my New Year New WIP

The Raven Queen came out and jumped on my frame.  I really enjoyed stitching her and I can't wait to get back to her. 




WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful goals! Lovely start on Raven Queen. Best of luck 🍀!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much I think they are lofty goals but I love a good challenge. Good Luck to you too I know you have some wonderful projects going on this year too.

      Delete
  2. I feel like we are twins...your description of yourself and your stitching is so familiar to me. Good luck with your goals. I'll be cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always welcome a twin.. Thank you for the cheering squad I can always use that for sure.

      Delete

2022 WIPocalypse - Introduction

Hello 2022  You know when you are unsure of what is to come you tip toe... yup that is exactly what I am doing right now.. slowly moving aro...