Monday, April 8, 2019

Spring weather and sickness

I was excited for April to begin.  The key word there "was"

Oh my goodness!! Did April start off with a bang..

I decided to start on my health and start eating right and try to figure out what is going on with my body as I am aging.  I started eating good proteins and fruits and veggies.  Trying very hard to get my water intake on a daily (this was a struggle).  I will continue.. but there was MORE!

I also started on Monday my couch to 5k to add some exercise into my schedule and I really enjoyed it on Monday.  The weather was amazing but a bit chilly.  The weather is starting to turn to a wonderful spring temperatures and I am enjoying it so much. This time in Alaska the weather is still windy and a bit cold but you still get outside and enjoy whatever you can. 

Tuesday was a different day all together.. I started feeling not so well by the afternoon and Wednesday was it.. I was down for the count, I couldn't breath and enjoy anything.  I didn't even feel like stitching.. Yes! You heard me correct.. I did manage a few stitches between sleep and medication, but not as much as I would have loved to do. 

So I put a few stitches in my Trick or Treat from Heaven and Earth Design.  I am enjoying it this past week as I can see another page finish now that I'm on the mend I can stitch in the morning before work.   I don't have a current photo so next week I can update that.


My focus piece for the year is my Sleepy Hollow and let me tell you I did get some work done on it when I was awake..  I can see the finish line coming into site.  I am going to miss this piece but I am really excited to actually have a finish this year that I meant to finish.  I believe another great week on this and It will be complete.  The best part is yet to come.. BEADS!!!!





I think the progress on this piece has made my sickness bearable..

I also got out on Sunday and took photos of some birds as the weather here has been so amazing and beautiful.  I got some great walks in on Sat.  I'll post some photos soon as I enjoy taking photos and I also just love nature.. Its about to go insane here with birds coming back and wildlife just roaming.. This excites me so much.. And spring means that all the animals are going to start having little ones... How cool..

Enjoy your stitching time.. I hope you have some wonderful stitching moments and enjoy each day.  Breathe in and out and enjoy the wonderful things that we have.  Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I love this project! I actually have this one kitted up and ready to go. I just have to finish up my Mario project, and I, too, will be working on this one!
    I can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see you stitch this. Sleepy Hollow has been one of my favorites and will be sad to see it done but so exciting to finally have a piece framed. He will be my first for sure..

      Delete

2022 WIPocalypse - Introduction

Hello 2022  You know when you are unsure of what is to come you tip toe... yup that is exactly what I am doing right now.. slowly moving aro...