Sunday, February 3, 2019

January WIPocalypse

I usually have a problem with the few weeks after Christmas.  All decorations get put away and the house seems a bit empty and everyone starts back in the routine of the home.  I don't have a problem with routine but this year I got to spend more time with my family and that was very nice.  I found the somber of regular routine this year.  With that being said I've gotten back into a routine of my stitching and into a great rotation.  I have found myself really the last few months just concentrating on my Trick or Treat Heaven and Earth Design and still enjoying it every day.  With the new year I need to get back on track again.  I miss changing out projects and seeing all the progress a few days can make.

Trick or Treat I found myself finishing another line in Page 3 which makes me so happy.  I am also using this project for Celtic Stitching parade, count those stitches and trying to make great progress. I'm also stitching Halloween all year long and this is a piece I'm using for that. I really wanted to work on my Mira but for some reason she has found a place in my house and is hiding, I'm scared because I can't find her and I really wanted to stitch on her this week but my next focal piece is my Sleepy Hollow from Glendon Place so that went on my scroll instead but progress on any project is progress.  I will have to try again to find my Christmas In London because she will be up next or I'll have to change my rotation all over again.

So here is my Trick or Treat HAED before and after I have felt I made lots of progress on this piece in January mind you I didn't stitch the lat month because I flew home to Alaska to welcome a new addition.  Surprise at the end.


This was my progress by the end of the month or should I say until we left for Alaska.  I did think about this the whole time but I had important things to do. 

While I couldn't find my Christmas in London I did stitch for two weeks on my Sleepy Hollow.  I honestly found myself not being able to put this down and Enjoyed stitching on it.  I can actually see some decent progress and also can see the ending of it.  This is great because this is a focal piece this year and would love to finish it before the end of the year or Halloween and have it hanging up would be a plus.

I did bring three projects with me on my trip to Alaska and I really only work on one while I was here.  Donner from Nora Corbett made its debut again.  This WIP was a 2018 Maynia start and I really have only worked on it a few times since then.  I've made huge strides on this piece and if I would have had a needle to do beading I would have started that too.  Next month I have put it in rotation for a finish in February.


The big celebration (was supposed to be in January) was the arrival of my Grandson Declan Mathew Mackenzie.  He arrived on Feb 2 @ 12:20 in the morning and I will say not a moment to late since Meme is getting on a flight to go home later that day.  My daughter past her due date on baby #1 so we had no idea when Baby D was going to make his appearance.  I did have a one on one conversation with this young man and he didn't disappoint.  The problem with this trip is I got really sick so no kisses only looking at him and I got to hold him.





QOM: This is usually a long winded one I see a SAL someone is doing and I usually jump in feet first but this year I searched and I honestly didn't see anything I really had to do.  So for traditional stitch alongs I have not done any but for motivation I've joined other groups that help keep you motivated like Celtic Stitches they have kept me motivated by doing little contests and have really pushed me to get a lot of work done.   When Maynia has a SAL that works with my WIPS I jump feet first.  I will do Maynia again this year but so far this month has been jam packed with adventure and tons of stitching.  Till next month Happy Stitching





No comments:

Post a Comment

2022 WIPocalypse - Introduction

Hello 2022  You know when you are unsure of what is to come you tip toe... yup that is exactly what I am doing right now.. slowly moving aro...