Sunday, December 31, 2017

Where has 2017 Gone?

Its was a whirl wind of surprise and creativity this year.  I have reintroduced myself to Cross-stitch and learned so much more than I ever knew from the community.  It is so wonderful to see an older tradition come back to life.

I have been traveling to watch my Son In Law graduate from Army bootcamp.  When I do travel I always think about what project I will bring with me.  We flew for almost 24 hours with long layovers so I think I got plenty done in that time.

The project I took with me is Amid Amish from Cross-stitch and Country Crafts.  The last time I actively worked on this was the End of October.  Here is what she looked like.



With lunch breaks at work I got so much done.  Where I work there was no one around for the last two weeks and Im all customer service.  Its hard to keep talking to yourself and not answering.  So this was the progress from last week.





This week I didn't get to work on this as much as I would have like to BUT I did get at least a few more chickens in.  I will continue to make this my weekly work project and hopefully will be seeing a finish in 2018.




Another project I have been working on this past two weeks, is a Heaven and Earth Design that I am so in love with, Trick or Treat by Randal Spangler.  I have been working on this one Extreme Cross Country but I'm only on the second color on a HUGE HAED.   So I broke down and worked on a single page and I was delighted to see anything happen.  I didn't get a page finish but I did see progress so that makes me sing with excitement.

Small Progress but Oh my how it felt to really see it come to life.


This is the second color complete on pages 45-52 I believe. 


This next week begins our new year.  Time to wipe the slate clean and begin a new year.  I have so many things I want to work on this year, but I have a lot happening this year also.  We are moving and going cross country (no pun intended 😂) I will be bringing my work with me but I know it will be very stressful to say the least.

The project that has kept me busy this weekend was the Class Schedule SAL that begins at 1am Eastern time.  I have purchased fabric three times for this Sal but I still screwed it up somehow.  Anyway if you ever need advice on dyed fabric (which you prob already know) is Lugana and Belfast are totally different when dying.  I've learned my lesson.  I have stitched almost the whole top, I will work on Jan frame today and then work on getting ready for the new year.  I have tons of exciting things Im going to be working on.


I do have an Instagram if you would like I do update it often when I am working on a project.  @thepatientstitcher  I will be seeing you again shortly to tell you how the year is going to unfold and what I will be working on this year.  

Happy Stitching Everyone And Happy New Year
Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment

2022 WIPocalypse - Introduction

Hello 2022  You know when you are unsure of what is to come you tip toe... yup that is exactly what I am doing right now.. slowly moving aro...