Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Upcoming Plans, Goals and Challenges

I am new to all of the Facebook groups dedicated to Cross Stitchers, but I am loving all of the support the cross stitch community gives.  I have found Stitch Maynia on Facebook and of course have been enabled a lot on my own journey.  I have many projects I would like to start and Stitch Maynia will help get them started and keep me going on my WIPs.

Plans -

I plan on doing every event Stitch Maynia offers this year (including all SALs) I will make them work for me if I can be inventive enough 😉

So here it goes:

Maynia SAL's
Christmas Year Round - Santa Clause
Fifty Nifty United States - Your home state
Halloween All year Round - Pumpkin
Princess SAL - your favorite Princess
Temperature SAL - 

1-31st Start a new project - This project I've been wanting to do FOREVER.  More on this one later because for some reason she is special to me. Mirabilia Christmas In London
1-31st Tour De Designers 2018 - Glendon Place - I just purchased and received the kit for Sleepy Hollow and Im so excited to get this one started also. 
5th Full Coverage - I have plenty to work on for this one.  I want to work on my Trick or Treat HAED from Robert Spangler but it is hard to see how much work actually goes into this one since I am doing one color at a time and its SUPER CONFETTI.  It will prob be Trick or treat or Old World Map which I am also starting on the first for the New HAED year

15th Work that WIP
18th New Start - I have had this one for a while and its kitted and so ready to get worked on. Quotes to Live by from Stitchrovia OMG this is one of my most favorite pieces.
20th Color a Day Aquarius - this is an Electric Blue or Turquoise.  I think I will keep working on my Quotes to live by since he boarder is that exact blue.

HAED -
They are having the New HAED year and I choose to stitch Old World Map so watch for progress as I get that going.  I will do this one page by page EEEK.

SAL's -

Harry Potter Classroom SAL will start 1 Jan - I am still waiting for fabric so I might have to play catch up on this one but I am ready to begin.  If you would like to sign up there is still time.  
Class Schedule SAL

One other thing I am doing the year is kinda exciting.  I LOVE.. Did I say L O V E to spend money on my crafts and sometimes I get WAY to carried away with things.  This year I have joined the forces and will begin my Stitch from Stash 2018, because we all know that most of us have enough stash for at least 5 other people and we will never in an eternity stitch what we want to get done.  I know I have enough patterns to keep me busy, dmc floss for prob everyone I know.  I am a bit low on fabric and specialty floss but I will see what I can do with my monthly allowance.

I start out with $25 and I have to keep track of everything I spend.  If I finish something I get money put on my account and so on and so forth.  I'll keep you all updated on my happenings and to keep me accountable.  I am hoping with all my extra stitching I can accomplish some finishes this year.  I am very excited about this.  I will post photos once I get started and links incase you too would like to stitch anything Im stitching.

Happy Stitching all and enjoy each stitch you put in because a stitch is progress.
Carey



No comments:

Post a Comment

2022 WIPocalypse - Introduction

Hello 2022  You know when you are unsure of what is to come you tip toe... yup that is exactly what I am doing right now.. slowly moving aro...