Monday, July 1, 2019

June WIPocalypse Update

Not sure there is much to report this month.  This has been a super busy month since my grandson and daughter are still here and spending as much time as I can with them.  I also started working my summer job which is nice, Joann Fabric is a nice place to work and its nice to talk about all of the fun projects I've got or they are working on.  I am also still doing school so that takes up most of my day. I have managed a few hours here and there so I am happy with any and all progress I've made for sure.

I have worked on projects that I started this year for Maynia but I'll post some of them later because they are technically not WIPS as I started with WIPocalypse.  This just means I have to take the time and update more.

Earlier this month I took out a WIP that I've been working on for a few and is a focus piece for the year. Amid Amish Life is one of my favorites.  I'm sure I've shared the story on this and I used this piece is many School Of Magical Stitches homework and extra credit assignments along the way.  I've made amazing progress and can't wait to get back to it and see if I can use it again this month.

I started middle of the month and she was a bit sparse on the left side because I have not gotten back to this side since I started the building about a year ago but I've since finished the building and worked on clouds, trees and some border also.  She looks awesome.  I did work on some parked threads and I was a bit frustrated with my cat whom seems to think that dangling strings (or even NOT dandling strings) were hers to chew on and leave me with nothing to stitch with.  So I took care of some of my parked threads and started to put my pieces while not working on them in my closest.









I also got a few good hours in on Pleasures of winter a Dimensions Gold collection piece.  I've noticed that I have a lot of kits from them and for some reason they all appeal to me so I'll try to finish them at some point in time.  I am happy with this weeks progress as I got most of the cabin completed.  Goal was to work no the cabin and back stitch it because this piece has so much backstitching but I didn't get the cabin finished.. Almost does count and the progress is wonderful and I was very happy. 







Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too.

June – Half-year recap: How are you doing with your goals so far this year?

So far this year I am super happy with where I am at with my projects.  I have 5 focus pieces that I wanted to finish in 2019 and one is already completed which was the Sleepy Hollow from Glendon Place.  I would also like to finish my Amid Amish Life and its very close and I think I can finish that also.  I wanted to finish all the way to the end of my Trick or Treat HAED and its still looking like I can do that also but I do need work on it.  I wanted to finish my Christmas in London from Mirabilia but I still can't find her since I've moved so I am thinking she won't happen this year.  I've gone through lots of boxes but still nothing, I'm sure she is here just taking a little siesta while I work on others. I have finished others that were not on the list so I am thinking I've done amazing this year.  I've gotten more done than I even thought was possible. 

My plans are the same work on as much as my homework and life allow, while still keeping it the one thing that helps me relax and enjoy to relax to. Happy Stitching everyone and enjoy the weather before it becomes unbearable.  
Carey


No comments:

Post a Comment

2022 WIPocalypse - Introduction

Hello 2022  You know when you are unsure of what is to come you tip toe... yup that is exactly what I am doing right now.. slowly moving aro...