Friday, April 26, 2019

Oh How Time Flies when your having fun!!

I am not sure where this week went but it flew by.  There is so much going on I am not sure where to begin.

As you all are aware, I started eating a bit healthier and started my couch to 5k.. This week was a bit harder than the previous, but I did it.. I had to run two days in a row and managed it this weekend.  I hope the weather this week was nicer than last week so I don't do my runs back to back.  I really despise running but I will tell you this, I've found that when I run I can let the world just go away.  I don't think about my college work, kids, work in general.  Its the only time I can be inside my own head and not thinking about anything else.  I really believe this is why I keep going.  We will see if week 3 is any good 😁



I had a photo shoot with a beautiful young lady who is graduating Penn State University this year.  She has accomplished so much in the short time she has been here.  She gives many so much inspiration that I was very excited to enjoy some company with her.  These were taken by my phone but should only tell you that even better ones are on the way.  I have a few that I am very much in love with.



My husband and I went to Geo Cache but his knee isn't doing so well so we drove around and found a very amazing place literally in our back yard.  We live near a town called Boalsburg PA.  This place is the founder of Memorial Day.  It has so much history and so much military background, we were impressed and had a great time looking around.  Here are just a few of the photos I took.


But I am sure you didn't come here to hear about all the things I did all week.. I will say this week I was super impressed with how much stitching I got done.  I have been trying very hard to get some old WIPS done and YES!!! I started a new one.

First part of the week I was working on my Trick or Treat HAED because it fit many of my homework assignments for Magical Stitches on Facebook.  I believe this past week I got 800+ stitches in and I am going for a page finish by the end of the month.  Lets hope so because I need money in my Stitch from Stash budget.






Pulling out a very old favorite of mine, that worked for a lot of Magical homework also. Amid Amish Life from the Cross Stitch and Country Crafts magazine in 1987.  I remember this pattern when it was released and I loved it so much but never stitched it, then I gave the magazines away.  A few years (lets say about 25 years lol) later I found them again.  ALL three of them!! I was so delighted I started them almost instantly.  I did about 300 stitches or more on this piece and I remembered why I've loved it so much.  This is a focus piece this year so I am hoping to finish it. 



Another piece I have not picked out of the WIP pile in a very long time is my Guardians of Notre Dame.  It is awful with the fires that took place this past week.  It has always been a place I've wanted to visit.  I still will but it always breaks my heart when history is lost.  This pattern is done by Ingleside Imaginarioum's on Etsy.  This worked into a few projects for Magical Stitches.  It worked so well I actually got March done besides back stitching.  Now this is also on my radar now and I have to work on it more because it really is such an amazing stitch and I really love doing it. 

                                     


                                     

I purchased this a little bit ago and started it for Maynia 2018 and did nothing after that.  So I needed something (in my head) that reminded me of trains of Hogwarts.  Well it so happens in my stash I had one.. Got my 100 stitches in and my WIP saw the day of light again.  I really enjoyed working on it but not so much the fabric but Oh well.. I'll forget about that when its all done. Silver Belle Run is what this kit is called. 

                                                

                                               



You've all seen this one at least a dozen times but I couldn't help but bring it out and put some worthy stitches into it.  I did get a lot of the back stitching done and frame work and words.  Honestly if I get a chance to work on it this next week, I am hoping for a HUGE finish.. I have been so excited about this one since I've started it that I am giddy with excitement.  I might just have to rush this to the framers to get it done completely.  

                                               




I've really been waiting to start this.  I don't have all the floss but I have this fabric that I purchased from Hand Dyed by Stephanie.  I purchased this about a year ago and what do you know a project that fits the Snow Queen perfect.  This is a play on Frozen, the fabric is called frozen fractionals 28ct.  I did get my 100 stitches in for Magical Stitches lets visit the stores of Harry Potter.  I am not sure I did well at telling a story but I sure did try.  This will be a gift for a special young lady.  Not a focus piece this year but we will see how far I can get on it.  




This week to end the week I have been working on my Physics class also so I think when school starts full time I will be doing less stitching or less sleep.. I am thinking I am going to miss my stitching so sleep might suffer! 

I've also been reading Janet Evanovich  Turbo Twenty-Three.  I have always said if a book can make you laugh really hard out loud its worth the read.  I say with every book she has written, even if its predictable I find funny parts all through it.  So far until college starts I hope to finish this book and work my way in my TBR list.. So i've added another thing to my weekly posts..

Have a great stitchy week!! Even though I've posted this way farther than I anticipated.














No comments:

Post a Comment

2022 WIPocalypse - Introduction

Hello 2022  You know when you are unsure of what is to come you tip toe... yup that is exactly what I am doing right now.. slowly moving aro...